Celebrating “making a difference in our communities”
1000 Lives and CHAD
Wednesday 7th June
at the LRV, Staffordshire University,
Leek Road Campus, Shelton, Stoke-on-Trent
Listen Learn Share Celebrate
Meet other people making a contribution to their community,
listen and share stories about what matters,
find out how community based research helps communities in Stoke-on-Trent & Staffordshire
- Community research,
- measuring social value,
- digital skills for sharing your story,
- working with CHAD
- Share your community/community group stories
- Be a part of the community storyboard
- Find out what other people are doing in their communities
- Find out about funding opportunities for local voluntary and community groups
- Get information from the Big Lottery
- 1-1 slots to explore your ideas
- Cook and eat demonstrations
- Hand massage
- Creative arts activities
Celebrating Community Champions -
people who have been nominated by their community, for the good work that they do
1.45- 4.30pm session 1
5.30-8pm session 2
To book on one or both sessions, or for more information please contact
Tel: 01785 353578
You are invited to share your story about the work you do in your community on the 7th June - to find out more click here
Nominate a Community Champion you know for an Award – to find out more click here
Directions for the 7th June
• From A500, follow the signs for Staffordshire University (marked on the signs as ‘Staffs University’). Pass under the railway bridge.
• At the roundabout take the first exit.
• Pass through the first set of lights and at the junction (with the City of Stoke-on-Trent Sixth Form College on the right) stay to the right side of the left hand lane (marked ‘A52 Leek’).
• Continue straight on through the traffic lights along Leek Road.
• After two pedestrian crossings, continue on a short distance until you reach the next set of traffic lights. You will notice the Staffordshire University main entrance on the right.